Free Tour Ghent
We will start our historical tour next to one of the three important towers of the city, the Belfort bell tower, declared UNESCO World Heritage Site.
While we learn about the history of the most rebellious city of Belgium, we will understand why its famous Roeland is beside one of the most important towers of the city, the tower of Saint Nicholas Church. We could also admire the Cathedral of the city, Saint Bavon Cathedral, where is kept one the best Belgian masterpiece, the 15th painting of Van Eyck brothers, The Adoration of Mystic Lamb. After discovering the fascinating history of these jewels of art and being appreciated its curious Municipal Pavilion, we will go to see its ancient port on the river Lys, where we will have one the best panoramic views of the city.
We are going to follow the Lys riverbank and you will be able to discover different guild houses facades, which date back from the 15th Century. Here, Gent became the main grain commercial point of all Europe and even today we are able to see this medieval opulence. Our next spot of our tour will be the Great Butcher’s Hall, which dates back to the 15th Century and it was a meat covered market and today we can discover one of Ghent´s most famous products, Ganda Ham. It is named by the city and its tasted with its traditional mustard. Finally, we will lead to another important square of the city, Sint Veerleplein Square, where we will discover the neogothic Fish Market and, most important of all, The Castle of the Counts. This place, started to build around the 11th Century, is a reminder in the center of the city of the importance and greatness of Ghent.
- Belfort. Municipal Bell Tower.
- Saint Bavon Cathedral.
- Royal Flemish Theatre.
- Municipal Pavilion.
- Roeland Bell.
- Saint Nicholas Church.
- Bricklayers Guild House
- Saint Michel Bridge
- Saint Michel Church
- Het Pand.
- Mystic Lamb mural
- Graslei y Korenlei (ancient port and riverland of Lys).
- Great Butcher’s Hall
- Fish Market
- Castle of the Counts (Gravensteen).
St. Baafsplein, next to the Municipal Bell Tower. Belfort. (Sint-Baafsplein, 9000 Gent).
Our guides will be waiting for you with the umbrella with the Mundistour logo. It is recommended to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• Reservations of more than 6 people are not allowed, in case you travel with family, colleagues or friends that exceed this amount, we recommend that you contact us through email@example.com, to be able to advise you on the best option according to your needs .
• In the event that, eventually, the system is allowed by mistake to make the reservation or it is found that several reservations have been made for the same group, the acceptance and better organization of the group will be at the discretion of the guide. It is appreciated to show up 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
• In case of not being able to participate, we ask that you cancel your reservation, in order to give another traveler the possibility to take the tour.
• Despite always wanting to offer the best service to our travelers, circumstances beyond our organization may arise, either due to provisions or activities of local authorities, in which our services undergo modifications or omission of any of the points of our routes . If so, we appreciate your understanding.
• Pets Allowed. Bear in mind that there are places where you will eventually not be able to enter. Any action taken by your pet will be your responsibility. And you must meet the safety standards required by the city. In the case of excursions, you must pay the train supplement, communicating it at the time of booking at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guide complies with all sanitized measures recommended by the Belgian Government.
- Social distance enforcing throughout the activity.
- Use of the mask.
- It is provided hand sanitizer.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use of them
- Contactless payment provided.
We keep you safe!
Your opinion is very important. Feel free to give it to us.