Free Tour Antwerp
Sometimes this beautiful city is turned off by its magnificent and famous city neighbors, Bruges and Ghent.
We will meet at a strategic place of the city, very close to the train station, beside the Opera Ballet, next to the statue of painter Teniers.
We will star our tour leaving behind Antwerp Central Station and the famous Diamond neighborhood. We will visit the modern and commercial part of the city and the best place to start is Stadsfeestzaal, a municipal space, that rise from the ashes. Then we will move to one of the most important places of the city, Rubens’ House and after explaining why Rubens and its works are so important for Antwerp, we will have the chance to visit one of the oldest palaces of the city, Meir Palace. Today it is used as a chocolate shop, but not just any one, but one of the best in the country, Chocolate Line.
Leaving behind this famous commercial street, we will gradually enter the old city center. We will cross the Green Square, that already allows us to dazzle one of the best views of the Antwerp Cathedral, one of the most famous monuments in the city and the largest Gothic construction in Belgium. In a return to the 16th century we will pass through the Vlaeykensgang alley, then we will visit the impressive St. Charles Borromeo church, which is par excellence the church of Rubens. The master was commissioned the sculptural decoration, but we will explain the tragedy that hit this church in the 18th century. Then we we will move to the heart of the old town. The Grote Markt square will welcome us, surrounded by its restored guild houses. The City Hall occupies an entire wing and in the center of the square is located the fountain with the sculpture of Silvio Bravo, throwing the hand of the giant Antigoon, symbolism that gives the city its name. We will discover this beautiful square and we will go to the old guild house of the butchers.
On the last part of our tour, we will move to the river path of the Scheldt. We will be able to see
the castle Steen, originally from the 13th century, which means stone whose name was given by Carlos V. For the brave or rather for those who are not class phobic, we will tell you a secret.
We expect you would be already booking our tour to discover Antwerp.
- Antwerp Central Station.
- Diamond Neighborhood.
- Opera Ballet.
- Plaat Teniers.
- Stardsfeestzaal (Visits not allowed on Sundays)
- Meir Street.
- Meir Palace.
- Boerentoren tower
- Groenplaats, statue of Rubens
- Vlaeykensgang Alley
- Our Lady’s Cathedral
- St. Charles Borromeo Church
- Grote Markt.
- City Hall
- XVI and XVII Guild Houses
- Buthcher’s Guild House
- Viewpoint of Scheldt river
If you do not have time and you want to make the most of the time to get to know, we offer you the option to visit Antwerp and Mechelen on the same day.
Teniersplaats, Metro Opera. 300 m from the train station. (Antwerpen Opera Metro, 2000 Antwerp).
Our guides will be waiting for you with the umbrella with the Mundistour logo. It is recommended to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• Reservations of more than 6 people are not allowed, in case you travel with family, colleagues or friends that exceed this amount, we recommend that you contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to advise you on the best option according to your needs .
• In the event that, eventually, the system is allowed by mistake to make the reservation or it is found that several reservations have been made for the same group, the acceptance and better organization of the group will be at the discretion of the guide. It is appreciated to show up 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
• In case of not being able to participate, we request that you cancel your reservation, in order to give the possibility to another traveler to take the tour.
• Despite always wanting to offer the best service to our travelers, circumstances beyond our organization may arise, either due to provisions or activities of local authorities, in which our services undergo modifications or omission of any of the points of our routes . If so, we appreciate your understanding.
• Pets Allowed. Bear in mind that there are places where you will eventually not be able to enter. Any action taken by your pet will be your responsibility. And you must meet the safety standards required by the city. In the case of excursions, you must pay the train supplement, communicating it at the time of booking at: email@example.com
- Guide complies with all sanitized measures recommended by the Belgian Government.
- Social distance enforcing throughout the activity.
- Use of the mask.
- It is provided hand sanitizer.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use of them
- Contactless payment provided.
We keep you safe!
Your opinion is very important. Feel free to give it to us.