Ghent & Bruges Day Trip
Full-day excursion, lasting eight hours, in which we will visit two of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe.
There is no visitor who is not impressed by the beauty of these two jewels. A local and specialized guide will first discover you the secrets of the so-called “Venice of the North”, a UNESCO World Heritage city, in which its beguine, its medieval hospital or its imposing bell tower in its Grote Markt stand out. In the second part of our visit we will visit the city of Ghent with its imposing buildings, living proof of the power that the city of Ghent held in medieval times. We will visit its old medieval port and end our tour at the castle of the Counts of Flanders.
- Discover two cities that are listed at the UNESCO World Heritage.
- Visit imposing sites at Ghent, such as San Bavon Cathedral, its municipal bell tower, its medieval market halls or its imposing castle.
- Let yourself be seduced by the beauty of Bruges Canals, its alleys or its squares surrounded by historical medieval buildings.
- Enjoy a boat trip through the Bruges and Ghent Canals, a different point of view to discover these cities.
- Enjoy the Flemish countryside in our train journey.
Our tour will start at the Minnewater, the love lake, beside the imposing Gunpowder Tower. We will enter into its old city center and the first place we will visit will be one of the most magical places of Bruges, its Beguine, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Crossing its wall, we will get to Walplein, where we will able to visit its famous brewery, De Halve Maan. But there is no time to drink a beer, maybe later, because now we will have to cross to a peculiar place of the city, Stoofstraat alley, and we will arrive to Saint John’s site. Here we will discover on of the oldest hospitals of Europe. From here we can see one of the main spots of Bruges, the imposing tower of the Church of Our Lady, homes of Michelangelo’s world-famous sculpture Madonna and Child. We will cross Saint Boniface Bridge and we will discover Gruuthouse, home of one of the richest families of Bruges and important not only for the city, but also for the beer industry.
Continuing our dazzling walk along the banks of the Dijver canal, we will arrive at the most photographed place in Bruges, Rozenhoedkaai. And after crossing the Tanners Square and the Fish Market, we will come across one of the most impressive squares in the city, the Burg, where the Basilica of the Holy Blood is located. We will end our tour in the main square of the city the Grote Markt, the market square, with its imposing Belfort, municipal bell tower.
Once the tour in Bruges is finished, you will have one hour of free-time to take lunch, make some shopping or just take a walk around the city.
We advise to take yourself your lunch, due to Bruges is a touristic city and sometimes it is hard to get a place to sit or eat.
At the time and meeting point provided by the guide, the group will come back to the Bruges station to take the train in order to go to our next city to discover, Ghent
Once in Ghent, we will take the tram to get to the city center. It is a good way to see daily life of citizens, to discover its imposing train station. In some minutes time, we will arrive to the city center and we will be able to discover its magnificent medieval buildings.
We could also admire the Cathedral of the city, Saint Bavon Cathedral, where is kept one the best Belgian masterpiece, the 15th painting of Van Eyck brothers, The Adoration of Mystic Lamb. After discovering the fascinating history of these jewels of art and being appreciated its curious Municipal Pavilion, we will go to see its ancient port on the river Lys, where we will have one the best panoramic views of the city. We are going to follow the Lys riverbank and you will be able to discover different guild houses facades, which date back from the 15th Century. Here, Gent became the main grain commercial point of all Europe and even today we are able to see this medieval opulence. Our next spot of our tour will be the Great Butcher’s Hall, which dates back to the 15th Century and it was a meat covered market and today we can discover one of Ghent´s most famous products, Ganda Ham. It is named by the city and its tasted with its traditional mustard. Finally, we will lead to another important square of the city, Sint Veerleplein Square, where we will discover the neogothic Fish Market and, most important of all, The Castle of the Counts. This place, started to build around the 11th Century, is a reminder in the center of the city of the importance and greatness of Ghent.
At the end of the tour, the guide will give you one hour free-time to discover by your own this imposing city.
At the time and meeting point provided by the guide, the group will come back to the Ghent station to take the train in order to come back to Brussels. We hope you will enjoy!
• De Halve Maan brewery
• Church of Our Lady
• Tanners Square
• Burg square
• Basilica of the Holy Blood
• City Hall
• Grote Markt
• Cathedral of St. Bavon
• Church of St. Nicolas
• Roeland Bell
• Municipal Pavillion
• City Hall
• Ancient port of Ghent
• Great Butcher's Hall
• Castle of Counts of Flanders
Carrefour de l'Europe, next to Brussels Central Station. (Carrefour de l'Europe, 1000 Bruxelles).
Our guides will be waiting for you with the umbrella with the Mundistour logo. It is recommended to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• It is appreciated to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• Despite always wanting to provide the best service to our travelers, it may occur in some circumstances outside our organization, either due to provisions or activities of local authorities, modifications or omission of any of the points of our tours. If so, we appreciate your understanding.
• As it is an activity that is carried out by train, in order to carry out sustainable and environmentally responsible tourism, Mundistour is not responsible for any delay from the transport company.
• During the visit it may be necessary to use headsets, it is recommended to bring your own headphones. In the case of not having them, the guide will be able to provide you with headphones for a symbolic purchase value.
• Pets allowed. Bear in mind that there are places where you will eventually not be able to enter. Any action taken by your pet will be your responsibility. And you must meet the safety standards required by the city. In the case of excursions, you must pay the train supplement, communicating it at the time of booking at: email@example.com.
• The activity will take place as long as a group of at least 5 people is formed. If for this reason the activity is not carried out, we will contact you 24 hours a day. If canceled because the minimum is not met, you will be offered another date to perform the experience or a full refund.
• Cancellation: free before 48h. 50% will be charged between 48h to 24h after the activity takes place. No refund within 24 hours of the activity.
- Guide complies with all sanitized measures recommended by the Belgian Government.
- Social distance enforcing throughout the activity.
- Use of the mask.
- It is provided hand sanitizer.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use of them
- Contactless payment provided.
We keep you safe!
Your opinion is very important. Feel free to give it to us.