Antwerp Day Trip
Full day excursion lasting approximately eight hours, in which we will visit the city that wants to be the Belgian capital.
A specialized guide will show you the secrets of Antwerp, the city that yearns to be the capital of Belgium, famous for its port, for its fashion and for its precious stones.
- Be dazzled by an entire neighborhood full of diamonds and jewelers. For a reason, Antwerp is the diamond capital of the world.
- Get to know the city where the famous baroque painter Rubens lived, his house-workshop, churches where some of his works are preserved or the most majestic Cathedral in Belgium.
- Belgium is synonymous with chocolate and in Antwerp you will find one of the most exclusive and special chocolate shops in the country, The Chocolate Line. Taste Antwerp through the most extravagant cocoa.
If you do not have time and want to visit two cities in the same day. We recommend our Antwerp & Mechelen Day Trip in one day tour from Brussels.
Once we will arrive to Antwerpen, the first place we will visit will be the imposing Antwerp Central Station and the famous Diamond neighborhood. In the same area we will be able to discover its famous zoopark. Then we will move to the modern and commercial part of the city and the best place to start is Stadsfeestzaal, a municipal space, that rise from the ashes. Then we will move to one of the most important places of the city, Rubens’ House and after explaining why Rubens and its works are so important for Antwerp, we will have the chance to visit one of the oldest palaces of the city, Meir Palace. Today it is used as a chocolate shop, but not just any one, but one of the best in the country, Chocolate Line.
Leaving behind this famous commercial street, we will gradually enter the old city center. We will cross the Green Square, that already allows us to dazzle one of the best views of the Antwerp Cathedral, one of the most famous monuments in the city and the largest Gothic construction in Belgium. In a return to the 16th century we will pass through the Vlaeykensgang alley, then we will visit the impressive St. Charles Borromeo church, which is par excellence the church of Rubens. The master was commissioned the sculptural decoration, but we will explain the tragedy that hit this church in the 18th century. Then we will move to the heart of the old town. The Grote Markt square will welcome us, surrounded by its restored guild houses. The City Hall occupies an entire wing and in the center of the square is located the fountain with the sculpture of Silvio Bravo, throwing the hand of the giant Antigoon, symbolism that gives the city its name. We will discover this beautiful square and we will go to the old guild house of the butchers.
On the last part of our tour, we will move to the river path of the Scheldt. We will be able to see the castle Steen, originally from the 13th century, which means stone whose name was given by Carlos V. For the brave or rather for those who are not class phobic, we will tell you a secret.
We expect you would be already booking our tour to discover Antwerp.
The guide will give four hour free-time to eat, drink a beer or just take a walk around. After meeting at the point and time indicated by the guide, the return to Brussels will begin.
In some exceptional circumstances, the guide may give the option of an open return so that they can return at the time that each one considers, and thus they can enjoy the city as long as they want. In this case, the guide will provide you with all the necessary information so that you can return safely to Brussels. If you want your return to be to another city, you can raise it at the time of booking and we will do everything possible to help you.
As always with the desire to have met your expectations, wish you. continue to enjoy life.
• Antwerp Central Station
• Quarter of diamonds
• Meir Street
• Pedro Pablo Rubens House Museum
• Palace of the Meir
• Green square
• Cathedral of Our Lady
• Church of San Carlos Borromeo
• Grote Markt
• Town hall
• Fountain of Silvio Bravo
• Castle Steen
Carrefour de l'Europe, next to Brussels Central Station. (Carrefour de l'Europe, 1000 Bruxelles).
Our guides will be waiting for you with the umbrella with the Mundistour logo. It is recommended to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• It is appreciated to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• Despite always wanting to provide the best service to our travelers, it may occur in some circumstances outside our organization, either due to provisions or activities of local authorities, modifications or omission of any of the points of our tours. If so, we appreciate your understanding.
• As it is an activity that is carried out by train, in order to carry out sustainable and environmentally responsible tourism, Mundistour is not responsible for any delay from the transport company.
• During the visit it may be necessary to use headsets, it is recommended to bring your own headphones. In the case of not having them, the guide will be able to provide you with headphones for a symbolic purchase value.
• Pets allowed. Bear in mind that there are places where you will eventually not be able to enter. Any action taken by your pet will be your responsibility. And you must meet the safety standards required by the city. In the case of excursions, you must pay the train supplement, communicating it at the time of booking at: email@example.com.
• The activity will take place as long as a group of at least 5 people is formed. If for this reason the activity is not carried out, we will contact you 24 hours a day. If canceled because the minimum is not met, you will be offered another date to perform the experience or a full refund.
• Cancellation: free before 48h. 50% will be charged between 48h to 24h after the activity takes place. No refund within 24 hours of the activity.
- Guide complies with all sanitized measures recommended by the Belgian Government.
- Social distance enforcing throughout the activity.
- Use of the mask.
- It is provided hand sanitizer.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use of them
- Contactless payment provided.
We keep you safe!
Your opinion is very important. Feel free to give it to us.