Bruges Day Trip
In this eight-hour excursion we take you to know this medieval jewel and enjoy its alleys and canals, accompanied by an expert guide who will be able to teach you about all the mysteries of this beautiful city. We will travel by train through the Flemish countryside to reach one of the most visited destinations in all of Europe. Its medieval architecture will leave you impressed, but we will also visit one of the only two breweries left in the historic center of the city, taste chocolate in one of its hundreds of chocolate shops and, in your free time, enjoy a boat trip through its channels.
Our tour will start at the Minnewater, the love lake, beside the imposing Gunpowder Tower. We will enter into its old city center and the fist place we will visit will be one of the most magical places of Brugge, its Beguinague, declared a World Heritage Site by Uneco. Crossing its wall, we will get to Walplein, where we will able to visit its famous brewery, De Halve Maan. But there is no time to drink a beer, maybe later, because now we will have to cross to a peculiar place of the city, Stoofstraat alley, and we will arrive to Saint John’s site. Here we will discover on of the oldest hospitals of Europe. From here we can see one of the main spots of Bruge, the imposing tower of the Church of Our Lady, homes of Michelangelo’s world-famous sculpture Madonna and Child. We will cross Saint Boniface Bridge and we will discover Gruuthouse, home of one of the richest families of Bruge and important not only for the city, but also for the beer industry.
Continuing our dazzling walk along the banks of the Dijver canal, we will arrive at the most photographed place in Bruges, ozenhoedkaai. And after crossing the Tanners Square and the Fish Market, we will come across one of the most impressive squares in the city, the Burg, where the Basilica of the Holy Blood is located. We will end our tour in the main square of the city the Grote Markt, the market square, with its imposing Belfort, municipal bell tower.
We will offer during or after our tour a free tasting of Belgian famous chocolate.
Once the tour is finished, you will have free time to enjoy and discover the city by your own. The guide will give you some tips to take advantage and will fix a time and meeting point to come back to Brussels all together. Aprox: 4 hours.
In some circunstances, the guide could propose another alternative. It would be to come back by your own. The guide will give you all the neccesary information to come back to Brussels without any problem. If you want your return to a different city, you could tell us at the moment of the booking and we would try to hepl you.
If you doesn’t have much time in Belgium, and you want to take advantage of it, we recommend you the trip to Bruge and Ghent on the same day.
- Gunpowder Tower
- De Halve Maan.
- Saint John’s site.
- Memling Museum.
- Church of Our Lady.
- Saint Boniface Bridge.
- Groeninge Museum.
- Dijver canal.
- Quay of the Rosary .
- Tanners Square
- Fish Market
- Plaza Burg.
- Basilic of Holy Blood
- City Hall
- Grote Markt.
Carrefour de l'Europe, next to Brussels Central Station. (Carrefour de l'Europe, 1000 Bruxelles).
Our guides will be waiting for you with the umbrella with the Mundistour logo. It is recommended to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• It is appreciated to show up 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
• Despite always wanting to provide the best service to our travelers, it may occur in some circumstances outside our organization, either due to provisions or activities of local authorities, modifications or omission of any of the points of our tours. If so, we appreciate your understanding.
• As it is an activity that is carried out by train, in order to carry out sustainable and environmentally responsible tourism, Mundistour is not responsible for any delay from the transport company.
• During the visit it may be necessary to use headsets, it is recommended to bring your own headphones. In the case of not having them, the guide will be able to provide you with headphones for a symbolic purchase value.
• Pets allowed. Bear in mind that there are places where you will eventually not be able to enter. Any action taken by your pet will be your responsibility. And you must meet the safety standards required by the city. In the case of excursions, you must pay the train supplement, communicating it at the time of booking at: email@example.com.
• The activity will take place as long as a group of at least 5 people is formed. If for this reason the activity is not carried out, we will contact you 24 hours a day. If canceled because the minimum is not met, you will be offered another date to perform the experience or a full refund.
• Cancellation: free before 48h. 50% will be charged between 48h to 24h after the activity takes place. No refund within 24 hours of the activity.
- Guide complies with all sanitized measures recommended by the Belgian Government.
- Social distance enforcing throughout the activity.
- Use of the mask.
- It is provided hand sanitizer.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use of them
- Contactless payment provided.
We keep you safe!
Your opinion is very important. Feel free to give it to us.